I hope you don’t mind a joint email, and apologies for any cross-postings, but together with Simona Bordoni and Rossella Ferretti, I just quickly wanted to inform you of the 2nd online seminar series:
Weather and Climate: From Fundamentals to Applications
which launches **15th March** and ICTP is hosting together with the universities of Trento and L’Aquila. As you will see in the link, we have a super exciting series of speakers, with topics ranging from fundamental of climate dynamics right through to applications of NWP; I can’t wait for it to start!
If you think some (or all!) of these talks may be of use and interest to colleagues and/or students in your respective institutes, please feel free to forward this announcement. Sign up (just once for the whole series) is required at the link given on the webpage.
I hope to see you online very soon, and hopefully also in person at a meeting fairly soon too… I really miss them now after these two years of scientific isolation!
Adrian Tompkins (and also on behalf of Simona Bordoni and Rossella Ferretti).
1) “Icy, Moist, and Seasonal: Polar Amplification in Simple and Complex Climates” Nicole Feldl hosted by UniTN 15/03/2022 15:30
2) “Extreme Events in a Warmer World – Making the Impacts of Climate Change More Tangible” Thomas Jung hosted by ICTP 22/03/2022 15:30
3) “How Good are We at Predicting Fires?” Francesca Di Giuseppe hosted by UniAQ 29/03/2022 15:30
4) “Serial Clustering of Extratropical Cyclones: Where, When and Why It Occurs” Helen Dacre hosted by ICTP 12/04/2022 15:30
5) “Understanding the Processes that Drive Surface Temperature Variability” David Thompson hosted by UniTN 26/04/2022 15:30
6) “Exploring the Manifold of the Tropical Pacific in Observations and Models” Annalisa Bracco hosted by ICTP 03/05/2022 15:30
7) “Viewing Anthropogenic Change Through an AI Lens” Elizabeth Barnes hosted by UniTN 10/05/2022 15:30
8) “Data Assimilation and Nowcasting for Air Traffic Management Purposes. Results from SINOPTICA Project” Vincenzo Mazzarella hosted by UniAQ 17/05/2022 15:30
9) “Impacts of Deep Convection on the Tropical Low Cloud Feedback and Climate Sensitivity” Kathleen Schiro hosted by UniTN 31/05/2022 15:30
10) “How Do Ocean Temperature Anomalies Favor or Disfavor the Aggregation of Deep Convective Clouds?” Caroline Muller hosted by ICTP 07/06/2022 15:30